Venezuela’s interior minister says 100 people died in US attack

Date:

(Web Desk) – Venezuela’s interior minister Diosdado Cabello said late on Wednesday that 100 people died in the US attack which removed President Nicolas Maduro from power on Saturday.

Caracas have not previously given a number for those killed, but the army posted a list of 23 names of its dead. Venezuelan officials have said a large part of Maduro’s security contingent was killed “in cold blood,” and Cuba has said of its military and intelligence services in Venezuela were killed.

Maduro’s wife Cilia Flores, detained alongside him, suffered a head injury during the U.S. raid, Cabello said, and Maduro an injury to his leg.

Venezuela’s who Cabello praised during his weekly show on state television as “courageous”, on Tuesday declared a week of mourning for members of the military killed in the raid.

admin
adminhttps://dailyeveningnews.pk
Daily Evening News is a trusted digital news platform delivering breaking news, latest updates, and in-depth coverage from Pakistan and around the world. We are committed to accurate, timely, and unbiased journalism, keeping our readers informed about politics, business, sports, technology, entertainment, and current affairs

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

PM’s aide says SC ruling on Imran Khan’s hospital transfer was merit-based

Prime Minister’s aide says the Supreme Court’s decision to...

Babar Azam to miss first test against England, Pakistan coach confirms

Pakistan batter Babar Azam will miss the opening Test...

White House attacks CNN reporter over question about Trump aide

The White House criticises a CNN reporter after she...

2 students dead in Philippines school shooting, gunman among victims

Two students were killed in a shooting at a...