US Military Denies Iran Claim on Strait of Hormuz Closure

Date:

Washington, United States – Web Desk: US CENTCOM says Strait of Hormuz remains open as 55 ships pass safely.

The United States military has rejected claims by Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps that the Strait of Hormuz has been closed, stating that the strategic waterway remains fully operational and that commercial shipping continues without disruption.

US Central Command (CENTCOM) said that more than 50 commercial vessels, including oil tankers and cargo ships, safely transited the Strait of Hormuz on Friday.

In an official statement, CENTCOM said US forces remain present in the region and are actively monitoring maritime activity to ensure the free and secure movement of international shipping routes.

The command dismissed Iranian claims of a shutdown as inaccurate, saying that maritime traffic through one of the world’s most critical energy corridors is continuing under normal conditions.

CENTCOM further reported that on June 20, a total of 55 commercial vessels passed through the strait safely, transporting more than 17 million barrels of crude oil and other goods to global markets.

The US military also referenced guidance from the Joint Maritime Information Center, which confirmed that vessels are navigating through designated international shipping lanes without illegal restrictions or obstruction.

The statement comes after Iran’s Khatam al-Anbiya Central Headquarters and the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps announced that the Strait of Hormuz had been closed in response to alleged ceasefire violations and Israeli strikes in southern Lebanon.

Conflicting statements from Washington and Tehran have created uncertainty over the current status of the strategic maritime chokepoint, which handles a significant portion of global oil shipments.

admin
adminhttps://dailyeveningnews.pk
Daily Evening News is a trusted digital news platform delivering breaking news, latest updates, and in-depth coverage from Pakistan and around the world. We are committed to accurate, timely, and unbiased journalism, keeping our readers informed about politics, business, sports, technology, entertainment, and current affairs

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

Karachi Mayor inaugurates Khatm-e-Nabuwwat chowk in Saddar

Mayor Karachi Barrister Murtaza Wahab inaugurated Khatm-e-Nabuwwat Chowk in...

Iranian lawmaker mocks Trump over Strait of Hormuz claims

Iran’s National Security Commission chief Ebrahim Azizi mocks Donald...

Hayden Panettiere detailed painful custody decision Before her death

Actress Hayden Panettiere had previously spoken about the difficult...

Govinda warns wife Sunita to “stay within your limits” amid allegations

Bollywood actor Govinda has reportedly responded strongly to allegations...